Quality Technician/PPAP Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Interaction with internal cross functional team members, customers and suppliers to problem solve issues identified in PPAP.
- Compiles PPAP/PSW for a wide variety of customers, over 50% Automotive.
- Submits revalidation documentation.
- Collects required vendor certifications, including IMDS.
- Measures parts using MicroVu and InSpec software, Keyence IM-7000 (Optical comparator).
- Provides guidance for appropriate inspection methods and gaging use.
- Works with outside contract laboratories, submitting samples and reviewing results.
- Print inspection/certification labels.
- Assists with GageTrac – gage/caliper/mylar labeling, calibration and GR&R studies.
- Participate in 8D’s and problem solving teams and process audits.
- Generate and maintain proper gage use instructions.
- Disposition production parts – good/bad when called upon.
- High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 3 years quality or related experience (e.g. technology, engineering, logistics or customer service) is required.
- 1 year experience in Automotive PPAP is preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization.
- Effective English written and verbal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to read blueprints, GD&T
- Data entry and basic computer skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Intermediate math skills (decimals, metric/standard, statistics)
- Proficient at problem solving and decision making
- Strong background in AIAG PPAP elements and how they interact with each other (submission levels, control plans, process flows, Cpk/Ppk, MSA and dimensional layouts)
- Experience operating measurement equipment preferred, aptitude to learn at a minimum. (Optical Comparator (MicroVu), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing experience a plus.)
- Conflict Minerals/IMDS experience a plus.
- TS19649/ISO9001 experience a plus.
- SPC experience a plus.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please apply in person at 3760 East Paris Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download an application, click here